January 27, 2009

pick apart the past, you're not going back

Sunday nights was incredibly freezing cold! It was insane! Now that all the fog has left we've got clear skies and more snow coming. BRRRRR.
After dinner at Roxy Burger and a few beers under my belt, Mitch and I braced the cold chilly air and walked over to Richards. The opening band was mediocre, I didn't like the vocals too much, but the drummer was pretty sweet.

Richards on Richards is becoming one of my favorite places to see live music, the Commodore being first [for now...]. You can find a good view of the stage pretty much anywhere. It was excellent. Mitch and I found a cozy spot on the second floor to watch the opening band and Beach House play.
The style of music is very mellow, not really upbeat, and I found myself yawning and getting a bit sleepy. But her florescent orange sweater kept my eyes wide awake.

All in all, an ok performance [B-]. I was surprised to see so many people show up though.
I honestly thought it would be more sparse.

1 comment:

Gun Street Girl said...

I actually prefer Richard's to the Commodore because it's less gigantic. Unfortunately it's said to be closing soon :(