April 14, 2009

sushi for one

Hello sunshine!!
What a pretty day of bright blue sky! I woke up to the smell of fresh cut grass, sunshine peeking through my curtains, and a smile on my face. But my mood got crushed by a horrible customer at work.

:(

Here's my rant:
What do you say to a complete stranger who feels the need to comment on your weight, and in a blatantly obvious and rude way? Suggesting that I should eat the remaining food left on his plate from lunch while staring me up and down. Silently suggesting that I may have an eating disorder.

RUDE
.

"I left all that [potatoes and garlic toast] for you, you should eat it on your break."

Are you serious!?
NO THANKS, JERK.
I just sorta laughed it off and walked away.
And then get this... [5 minutes later]

Me: "Would you like some dessert today? Tea, coffee?"

Jerk: "HAHAHA, does it look like I need dessert? Nope, looks like YOU could use some though..."

Yea, that's right.
Apparently this guy thinks he can tell me what to eat. He clearly needs his head checked or something. I would never say or do anything like that to anyone, regardless if they're a size 2 or size 12. Where does he get off? Who does this guy think he is!? I just walked away and got them the check and didn't even say 'thank you'. I was choked and completely speechless.

I got off work early today, ran a few errands, then ate a yummy sushi lunch and read my W magazine. I had no dessert.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me out.
I'm off to buy that new camera!!!!
I'm so stoked. :D
xoLily.

3 comments:

Basht said...

hugs
i would have slapped him

Alison Hartford said...

That's horrible! I think people think it's OK to make rude comments to thin people, even if they would never make a comment to a larger person. That's totally offensive and I think you handled it pretty well, but he deserved to be told off, even if that's not OK at work!

Nice blog too! You must be a Built to Spill fan..

alison-adorn.blogspot.com

Rachael Kearley said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! People need to mind their own business, who is he to comment on your weight?
Some people are naturally thin.
Hope your new camera cheered you up
xxx Rachael